Hibiscus Flower *(Sorrel)
Uses of Hibiscus Flower (Sorrel):
- Loss of appetite
- Common Cold
- Heart and Nerve Diseases
- Upper Respiratory Tract Pain & Swelling
- Blood Circulation
- Mild Laxative
- Fluid Retention
- High Blood Pressure
Let’s pretend it’s Holiday season (Christmas and New Years). You know what that means, SORREL. Can’t make this traditional delicious drink without hibiscus flowers, but lots of people drink it year round for its benefits! So your feeling like you can only drink Sorrel during the holidays? Well, hibiscus flowers can still do the trick alone!
Daily serving size: Pour 8-12 oz of boiling water (212 F) over 1 tsp of tea. Steep 3-4 mins.
WARNING: Hibiscus may be intercropped with peanuts. May contain peanuts or shell fragments. Don't use 2 weeks before any surgeries!
- Diabetics- Can decrease blood sugar levels
- Hypotension- Can reduce blood pressure too low
- May reduce effectiveness of chloroquine
- May increase how fast your body gets rid of acetominophen
Please consult with healthcare provider before using to treat any medical conditions.